Friday, January 20, 2012

DUNES OF LASSEN/ Pictographic Expressionistic Painting by Eric Whollem/ A painting based on memories of a trip to the northeastern corner of Lassen National Park/ PICTOGRAPHIC APPROACHES TO LANDSCAPE PAINTING



DUNES OF LASSEN
1986
 by Eric Whollem
mixed media on paper
Collection of the artist
20" x 15"
COPYRIGHT BY THE ARTIST

PICTOGRAPHIC APPROACHES TO LANDSCAPE PAINTING

This painting commemorates a trip to Lassen National Park in 1986.
The northeastern corner of the park features some very colorful dunes
set in a desert-like terrain with volcanic features.

I have had a long interest in petroglyphs and pictographs. Although Lassen
Park does not feature such prehistoric sites, I rendered my experience in
a style of art based on prehistroric pictographs.

Two largish figurative elements in this painting represent myself and my
friend, Doug Mallory, who accompanied me on the trip.

______________________

See more of my PICTOGRAPHIC ABSTRACTIONS:

THE VIDEO
BELOW FEATURES MORE OF
MY MIXED MEDIA PAINTINGS

ERIC WHOLLEM                               

THE FAUX POSTAGE STAMP
BELOW SHOWS A PHOTO OF
LAVA FORMATIONS THAT
ERUPTED FROM LASSEN
CENTURIES AGO.
This formation is on Deer Creek,
which runs south of Lassen
towards the Sacramento Valley.

LEMURIAN FAUX POSTAGE STAMP
by Eric Whollem
copyright by the artist

See more of my LEMURIAN STAMPS:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Inquiries, reactions, observations, favorites, commentary. Share with others.