Thursday, March 11, 2010

THE SERPENT FIRE/ an allegory of Kundalini meditation




      The Serpent Fire
      1985
      by Eric Whollem
      mixed media on paper
      Collection of the artist
      6 x 9"
        Copyright by the artist.

Kundalini Yoga

In the 1980's I devoted myself to the study of
Eastern mysticism, meditation, and yoga.

Buddhist and Hindu icons inspired me.

The visions I have had as an artist have been
with me since I was a little boy. I did not quite
understand them until I was older.

A number of times I have had spontaneous
visions of otherworldly beings. These are natural
for artists. It is said that the Kundalini energy is
more easily accessed by visionary artists.

*
Abstract art, mixed media painting, meditation, Kundalini yoga, spirituality, metaphysical art.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Inquiries, reactions, observations, favorites, commentary. Share with others.