Wednesday, February 23, 2011

FIGURATIVE ABSTRACTION/ 'The Beetle' by Eric Whollem/ A pictographic abstraction based upon styles from human antiquity/ MODERN ART/ Mixed media on paper




The Beetle
1978
by Eric Whollem
mixed media on paper
4 3/16" x 6 1/8"
COPYRIGHT BY THE ARTIST

The Beetle

This work is styled mostly on Native American rock art,
which has long been one of my major influences. As one
will note by the date, 1978, this is one of my early works.

In 1973 I began a novel, entitled, 'Rainbeetle,' which
expressed my interests in folklore, mythology, etc. This
work is thus one of many beetle images that I have
created over the years.

__________________

Readers interested in my posts that deal with RAINBEETLE might want to see:

My complete archive of ABSTRACT ART can be found here:

*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Inquiries, reactions, observations, favorites, commentary. Share with others.