Tuesday, October 12, 2010

THE SEAL'S SUPPER/ A mermaid drawing by Eric Whollem/ India ink, collage with cut paper/ A whimsical figurative abstraction





              The Seal's Supper
              2002
              by Eric Whollem
              India ink, cut paper collage
              Collection of the artist
              4" x 3"
 
                                                                                                 

A Whimsical Collage

This work depicts my muse, Madge, in her mermaid form, feeding
fish to some rather overweight seals. I describe Madge as the Goddess
of Imagination. She dwells on the Isle of Cantharidia.

I have developed a line of fantasy stamps for Cantharidia, which can
be seen on the links below.

________________

See more of my COLLAGE ART on this link:

Those interested in MERMAID ART should view my posts:


MERMAIDS AMONG THE BLOSSOMS
Eric Whollem
digital art
My posts on THE MUSE can be accessed here:

See my CANTHARIDIAN FAUX POSTAGE STAMPS here:

BELOW ARE SOME SAMPLE
IMAGES OF MY
CANTHARIDIAN STAMPS
(copyright by the artist)

CLICK ON IMAGES TO ENLARGE

SAVE OUR BUTTERFLIES

THE SELKIE
*
Collage art/ abstract art.
IMAGES COPYRIGHT BY THE ARTIST

*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Inquiries, reactions, observations, favorites, commentary. Share with others.