Friday, May 18, 2012

OCEANIC GODDESS/ A figurative ceramic sculpture using volcanic pumice from Mt. Shasta for final colorization/ CERAMIC SCULPTURES BY ERIC WHOLLEM/ Mermaid Goddess Art



OCEANIC GODDESS
1990
by Eric Whollem
volcanic pumice from Mt. Shasta in acrylic
emulsion on white earthenware clay with high grog content
Private collection
6"
PHOTO COPYRIGHT BY THE ARTIST

A GODDESS OF THE SEA

This is one of my early ceramic sculptures. I had been
making earth paints from scratch for some time, creating
paintings on panel in this medium since 1973.

It was only natural to extend the use of my home made
earth paints to ceramics when I began making sculptures
in 1989.

________________________________

See my online image gallery of FIGURATIVE CERAMIC SCULPTURES:

CLICK ON IMAGE TO ENLARGE


NAMMU MOTHER OF THE MERMAIDS
by Eric Whollem

Some readers might be interested in my blog posts on the topic of the GODDESS:

*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Inquiries, reactions, observations, favorites, commentary. Share with others.