Monday, October 24, 2011

DANCING COUPLE by Eric Whollem/ watercolor on gray sandpaper/ An Abstract Figure Painting Rendered in a Style Characterized by a Fusion of Celtic and Native American Art




DANCING COUPLE
1973
by Eric Whollem
watercolor on sandpaper
12" x 15"
Collection of Russ Dunn
COPYRIGHT BY THE ARTIST

CLICK ON IMAGE TO ENLARGE

EARTH COLORS

This image is an example of works that I executed in 1973, at the
outset of my project to develop paints from natural earth pigments, which
I planned to gather in nature.

In time I gathered as many as seventy different paints made from earth,
ash, pumice, wood particles, sand, etc. I used casein, acrylic emulsion,
polyvinyl resin, and beeswax for binders.

__________________

See my EARTH PAINTINGS on these posts:

THE VIDEO BELOW PRESENTS
A VARIETY OF MY
FIGURATIVE
WORKS

Whimsical Abstractions                                  

*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Inquiries, reactions, observations, favorites, commentary. Share with others.