Monday, March 29, 2010

FAUX POSTAGE/ a ceramic goddess figurine painted with earth paints on the stamps of Amphora



"Mer"
2001
The Empire of Amphora
by Eric Whollem
editions of 100, plus ten artist's proofs
48 x 79 mm.
Copyright by the artist.

Mer, the Mother, a Prototypical Mermaid Goddess
STAMPS FROM THE MICRONATION OF AMPHORA

Many Egyptian queens were named Mer. The word means
both sea and mother. Many mermaid designations originated
with Mer. Thus we have Mari, Merreminde, Mary, Myrrha,
Moera, Moira, etc.

This stamp shows a small figurine that I created from clay. I
painted it with earth paints, from pigments that I gathered in
nature.

My links below will take you to more faux postage stamps,
as well as my gallery of ceramic sculptures.

______________

Readers interested in my complete online gallery of FAUX POSTAGE STAMPS should check out this link:

More stamps from AMPHORA can be accessed here:



















*
Artist stamps, artistamps, cinderella stamps, fantasy stamps, faux postage, mail art, micronation stamps by Eric Whollem

The stamp to the
right is a
POSTER
STAMP
for
Art Blog/Eric
Whollem




Those intrested in viewing my posts of CERAMIC SCULPTURES should see:

*


No comments:

Post a Comment

Inquiries, reactions, observations, favorites, commentary. Share with others.